“The Stone Store," an 1800 Greek Revival landmark, lies at the focal point of three roads that bring visitors to Chester village. Having undergone multiple modifications, the 4788 sq.ft property is a virtual timeline of Chester's history for over 200 years. Originally a dry goods store, it has housed a tavern, the Library, church services, a kindergarten and the Post Office.
When Peter Good and Jan Cummings took possession in 1984, the second floor was a five-room residential apartment. Working with Chester architect Tom Norton they co... More